Product: Sera-Test NO3 (Nitrate) - 60 measurements
Contents: 2 vials of 15 ml with dropper with reagents 1 and 3, tube with reagent 2, measuring spoon, graduated 20 ml test tube, chromatic scale.
It is simple, fast and secure determine nitrate with Sera Nitrat -Test.
Algae infesting the aquarium and the growth of fish and plants slows down, to lock, not just the value of nitrate exceeds 50 mg per liter.
For this reason it is so important to determine the content of nitrates in the aquarium, water tap and in the ornamental pond.
Nitrates can be reduced by using the Evening Bio-denitrator introducing fast growing plants and / or changing the water more frequently (provided that the water exchange is free of nitrates).
Instructions for use:
Shake well before using the reagents!
- The clean tube is rinsed several times with water to control and fill it up to the mark of 20 ml. It 'important to dry the tube externally.
- Add 6 drops of reagent 1 and a teaspoon (attached to the package) reagent 2. Close the tube with its cap and shake for 15 seconds.
- Reopen the tube and add 6 drops of reagent 3. Closes the tube, shake and then reopen it.
- After 5 minutes you can compare the colors, placing the tube on the paper and watching the colors from the color chart in the light of day but not under the direct sun.
- If the color of the water in the tube was of a dark red means that the nitrate content is higher than 40 mg / l. E 'to repeat the test by diluting the water to be tested.
- To do this the clean tube was rinsed repeatedly with water to check, and then fill it up to the 10 ml mark by adding, to get to 20 ml distilled water. As distilled water can be used only sera Dest or distilled water purchased at pharmacies. The distilled water from supermarkets, that for the iron or the battery is not suitable. Do the measurement as described in Section 2. and 3.
- The color obtained with this measurement to be compared again with the color chart. Be careful to read the value in row "10 ml + 10 ml"!
- If even now the color of the water in the tube was of a dark red means that the nitrate content is higher than 80 mg / l. And 'the measurement should be repeated using 5 ml of water to be tested + 15 ml of water dest. and were it not yet sufficiently diluted, repeat the test with 2 ml + 18 ml water dest. It 'important to read the values in corresponding rows, and in this way can be detected values up to 400 mg / l.
- Clean: After you pour the contents of the tube in the sink is important to wash the tube very well under the jet of water from the tap.
- The reagent should be stored in a cool, dark place.
- After use, it is important to reseal the vials carefully, taking care not to swap the caps.
- Store in a place inaccessible to children and pets!