Product: Zoomed Repti Heat Cave (13x18x24cm) - natural looking heated cave for reptiles
Zoo Meds Repti Heat Cave is made of a hydrated rock material that is twice as strong as cement or pumice, resulting in excellent conductivity and increased product longevity. Hot spots are not a problem with a completely encapsulated full coverage nichrome heating element that distributes heat evenly from the cave top.
- A rock heater' s function is to facilitate digestion
- A rock heater should never be the sole source of heat
- Never cover or bury the rock heater with anything
- If your reptile never leaves the rock heater then your terrarium is too cold and you need an additional heat source. (i.e. Ceramic Heat Emitter or ReptiTherm UTH Heater).
- Washable surface to help prevent harmful bacteria build up
- The only rock heater with a full coverage completely encapsulated heating element
- The only rock heater made with a custom blended 100% hydrated rock material that is twice as strong as cement or pumice
Use caution when using the Repti Heat Cave with Royal Pytons. Zoomed recommends you add our Repti-Temp Rehostat to the heat cave to control the inside and surface temperatures.
The Repti Care Reptile Rock heater is designed to duplicate the natural basking process of all lizards and snakes. The large smooth surface allows one large or several small reptiles to lay on the heated stone. Without proper heat, reptiles can not produce the digestive enzymes to properly break dowm their food intake.The rock heater should be used with all snakes and lizards in captivity to prevent food from rotting in your reptile' s digestive tract.
Make sure the Reptile Rock heater is placed away from any other heat source.
To prevent any overheating of your rock heater, always unplug the rock heater if the inside temperatures in your house reach 28°C or above.
For use in dry terrarium set-ups only.