Product: Zoomed Frog Moss 1,31 liters (80 cu in) -natural frog moss for use with frogs, toads, salamanders and all other moss environment species
Completely natural frog moss for use with frogs, toads, salamanders, garter or green snakes and all other moss environment species. Use as a top substrate or decorative accent in vivarium/terrarium applications.
- Frog Moss (also called "Pillow Moss") will come back to life and grow in proper terrarium conditions.
- A beautiful, decorative living moss to accent your naturalistic terrarium.
- Increases humidity in terrariums making it perfect for all high humidity loving species of reptiles or amphibians.
Zoo Meds frog moss can be washed and reused several times before needing to be replaced with new moss.
All natural sustainably harvested. No trees are harmed in harvesting this product.
Zoo Med's Frog Moss is a great natural "Top Substrate" for Zoo Med's Naturalistic Terrarium set-ups. Below the Frog Moss use 2-3" of Zoo Med's Eco Earth to provide a burrowing substrate for toads, salamanders, small snakes, hermit crabs and other terrarium animals.
- Open package and place moss in clean bucket of water.
- Squeeze moss and allow it to absorb water.
- Remove moss from water and "wring out" only leaving 15-20% moisture in moss.
- Place in terrarium around a low shallow water dish and build moss around the edges of the dish so your animals can easily get in and out of the water.
- To prevent possible drowning of smaller animals put a sponge or piece of driftwood in the water dish.