TWINSTAR inhibits green algae effectively without a harmful influence on aquarium ecological environment, and keeps aquarium clean by eliminating spores from the initial propagation.
Sterilizing factor with microbubbles destroy cell wall of green algae to inhibit growth, and it is nontoxic so harmless to aerobic bacteria. Promoting aquatic plants growth by inhibition of green algae on plants, those plants can elevate absorption of excess nutrients to block nourishment of green algae growth. Therefore it makes Virtuous Cycle ecological environment.
The causes of algae are unabsorbable excessive light, nourishment(nitrogen, phosphorus) from soil, carbon dioxide.
A green algae is preliminary of plants evolution process, it has a lot in common with aquatic plants. Because required elements in plants growth are similar to aquatic plants, a lot of algae will be generated particularly in planted aquarium.
From 10 days after setting up, algae will be visible to the naked eye and will be generated in 2 months intensively even in normal management. Generated algae not only take nourishment from surplus, but block out light to transmit to plants. It will have a really bad influence on plants growth.
TWINSTAR promotes plants growth up to 50% at the most. It increases the amount of light on the surface of plants by inhibiting algae from the beginning. Also it activates microelements in water to help to take nourishment.
Under the same conditions, the results of comparative test with Rotala Indica and Glossostigma said that Glossostigma got growth upto 50% and Rotala Indica was upto 40%.
‘Law of minimum’ is the most important rule in botany. For plants growth several elements are needed (nutrients, moisture,temperature,light, etc.). If even one thing of these elements is missing, the growth of plants will be controlled by the insufficient ingredient.
From soil which set up newly, nitrogen, phosphorus, potassium are fully provided but it falls short of microelement. To grow plants quickly in aquarium with enough nutrients, insufficient nutrient should be provided in equilibrium.
TWINSTAR increases insufficient microelement and promotes plant’s growth rapidly by remove blocked lights by algae.
Installing Twinstar in a new aquarium:
- Dense planting is essential to make fancy and healthy aquarium.If dust occurred while setting, it should be removed by changing of water or draining.Follow the guidelines from soil manufacturer for changing of water.
- At the initial stage, algae spore begins to germinate from the third day by rich nutrition from soil and it will be visible to the naked eye from the 10th day from set-up.In order to inhibit green algae from the beginning of germination, it is recommended to install TWINSTAR in Setting + 5 days or by 10 days at the latest.
- TWINSTAR’s algae inhibition effect is over 90%, but adding biomolecules is recommended in order to remove completely tiny algae.Biomolecules input helps even beginner aquarists can make perfect planted aquarium without green algae.
Installing Twinstar in a existing aquarium:
- Remove algae around soil completely as well as visible green algae.If it’s more than 1.5 months after setting, then you need to clean a filter too.
- If there are not biomolecules to eat algae,please input them according to the aquarium capacity.
Please install TWINSTAR in the area where there is good water flow. For the best performance, we recommend installing TWINSTAR at the bottom of the outlet in the tank. If installed in the area where there is little or no water flow, there will be no performance.