Product: Tunze Osmolator Universal Osmotic stabilizer 3155
Tunze Osmolator 3155 is used to ensure the osmotic stability in fresh-water and marine aquariums. It safeguard a precise and safe compensation of evaporated water. This unit comes with two sensor holding devices and extension, suitable for mounting in cabinet filter plants in the Tunze Comline filter or directly on the edge of the aquarium.
Disposal: (in accordance with RL2002/96/EG) the product must not be added to normal household waste. It must be disposed of properly.
All osmotic regulators are supplied for mounting with a power supply unit, a metering pump a hose, a sensor holding device and a sensor housing.
Tunze osmotic regulators always use two sensors, i.e. an operating sensor to monitor the water level and a safety sensor to prevent an overflow of the aquarium. The operating sensor screens the water surface and initiates the controller when the water level set is short. The controller then switches on the metering pump which delivers water from the storage container into the aquarium until the evaporated water amount has been replaced. Subsequently, the controller equipped with an electronic timer switches the metering pump off automatically. If for technical reasons the operating sensor fails, the safety sensor prevents an overfilling of the aquarium, and a signal is sounded. The signal can be switched off. If the metering pump operates for more than 10 minutes it is switched off for safety reasons.
- Use Osmolator in an aquarium only; outdoor operation is not permissible.
- Mount Power Supply Unit 5012.01 and Controller 5017 in a dry and well ventilated position only!
- Do not mount in the vicinity of heating sources; ambient temperature max. +350 Celsius.
- Do not kink cables.
- Not subject the operating sensor to infrared or HQI light. Always place with the tip down, as otherwise failure is possible caused by strong light.
- Do not use a magnetic pane cleaner or other magnet in the vicinity of the safety sensor as otherwise failure is possible; keep a distance of at least 20 cm.
- Prior to initial operation, check whether the operating voltage and the mains voltage match.
- Do not operate the metering pump without water.
- Remove the mains plug from Controller 5017 for cleaning and servicing. Do not repair damaged cables; return the unit for repair.
- Do not connect to foreign devices. Switch Osmolator of when using water changing devices.
- Keep the operating instructions in a safe place.
Positioning Controller 5017:
- The wall has to be dry; do not place above the aquarium!
- Observe the cable length available; extension is not possible!
- Control lights have to be visible ! - Place the cable connections in such a way that water cannot run along and penetrate the controller.
- The Controller 5017 is to be attached with the self-adhesive plastic Velcro strip enclosed.
- The surface has to be clean and smooth, such as a plastic surface.
- Stick the strips to the housing; for this purpose remove the protective film and press down.
- Subsequently remove the second protective film, place the unit at the requested position and press down, observing the position of the cable in the process.