Products: Sera PO4-Test (phosphate) - 60 measurements
Contents: 2 vials of 15 ml with dropper with reagents 1 and 2, tube with reagent 3, measuring spoon, graduated 20 ml test tube, chromatic scale.
Naturally in unpolluted waters of phosphate content does not exceed 1.0 mg / l.
Aquarium or pond, however, we can reach more than 10.0 mg / l
This is due to an excessive number of fish to feed with a high content of phosphates and fertilizers containing phosphates.
Many phosphates in combination with high levels of nitrate cause an overgrowth of algae.
For this reason you should regularly check the content of phosphates and nitrates in your aquarium or in your ornamental pond.
A too high concentration of phosphates (freshwater aquarium and pond must be less than 1.0 mg / l, marine aquarium less than 0.1 mg / l) decreases with regular water changes (weekly because 10-30% of total capacity) and / or the introduction of fast growing plants or freshwater aquarium and pond with the Evening Phosvec according to the instructions for use.
Instructions for use:
Shake well before using the reagents!
- The clean tube is rinsed several times with water to control and fill it up to the mark of 20 ml. It 'important to dry the tube externally.
- Add 6 drops of reagent 1 and shake gently.
- Add 6 drops of reagent 2 and shake gently.
- Add a teaspoon (attached to the package) Satin reagent 3, close the tube with the lid and shake briefly. Remove the cover.
- The colors should be compared after exactly 5 minutes, putting the tube on the chromatic scale and watching the colors from the light of day but not under the direct sun.
- If the examination does not reveal any blue staining is a water free of phosphates. If the color was dark blue, the water in question contains a phosphate concentration higher than 2.0 mg / l. E 'need to repeat the test with a larger dilution of the water to be tested. This will be necessary even if the color of the water would not permit their clear determination of the color.
- To do this the clean tube was rinsed repeatedly with water to check, and then fill it up to the 10 ml mark by adding, to get to 20 ml distilled water. As distilled water can be used only sera Dest or distilled water purchased at pharmacies. The distilled water from supermarkets, that for the iron or the battery is not suitable. Do the measurement as described in paragraphs 2, 3 and 4.
- The color obtained with this measurement to be compared again with the color chart. Be careful to read the value in row "10 ml + 10 ml"!
- If even now the color of the water in the tube was of a dark blue means that the value of phosphate IE 4.0 mg / l or more. And 'the measurement should be repeated using 5 ml of water to be tested + 15 ml of water dest. and were it not yet sufficiently diluted, repeat the test with 2 ml + 18 ml water dest. It 'important to read the values in corresponding rows, and in this way can be detected values up to 20.0 mg / l.
- Clean: before and after each test is necessary to clean the tube thoroughly with tap water.
- If the tube becomes opaque reagents are left over due to the tube.
- The reagent should be stored in a cool, dark place.
- After use, it is important to reseal the vials carefully, taking care not to swap the caps.
- Store in a place inaccessible to children and pets!