Product: Sera O2-test (Oxygen) - 40 measurements
Contents: 2 vials of 15 ml with dropper for reagents 1 and 2, graduated tube 20 ml, chromatic scale.
Oxygen is vital for all fish and all other living creatures in the aquarium that is in the pond.
During the night, plants also consume oxygen.
The oxygen content in water depends on various factors such as temperature, water movement, type and number of fish and plants, as well as the amount of feed distributed.
Lack of oxygen leads to severe dyspnea and, in extreme cases, the suffocation of fish and other animals.
Dangerous situations can be recognized in time with the Evening Test and oxygen can be removed with the Evening Oxypur.
Instructions for use:
Shake well before using the reagents!
- Rinse the tube several times with water to be tested and then fill it completely up to the top edge. Dried, then, the tube externally.
- Add 6 drops of reagent 1.
- Add 6 drops of reagent 2 and immediately close the tube so that it remains a bubble of air and shake it. Remove the cover.
- Compare the color of the deposit which is formed (insoluble flakes), putting the tube on the chromatic scale on the white side, looking down from the light of day but not in the presence of sunlight.
- Clean: before and after each test is necessary to clean the tube thoroughly with tap water.
Different oxygen content and reviews / countermeasures to be taken:
- 0.5 mg / l = dangerous enough for the fish, immediately use the Sera Oxipur following the instructions for use.
- 2.0 mg / l = low, insensitive fish do not suffer, add the Evening Oxypur following the instructions for use.
- 4.0 mg / l = sufficient oxygen for all types of fish.
- 6.0 mg / l = good, plenty of oxygen for all types of fish.
- 8.0 mg / l = excellent, more than enough oxygen for all types of fish.
- The reagent should be stored in cool, dark place.
- After use, it is important to reseal the vials carefully, taking care not to swap the caps.
- Store in a place inaccessible to children and pets!