Product: Sera NO2-test (nitrites) - 75 measurements
Contents: 2 vials of 15 ml with dropper with reagents 1 and 2, graduated 20 ml tube, chromatic scale.
Nitrites are formed in the aquarium and ornamental pond as an intermediate product of organic decomposition.
Already a very low value of nitrite is endangering the lives of fish, the aquarium is that in the ornamental pond.
Nitrites are removed by specific bacteria contained in Sera nitrivec which must be added to the biological filter, where they multiply to purify the water.
It should also check the amount of nitrates with the Evening Nitrat-Test (NO3), as they accumulate in the water, promoting algae growth.
To recommend that you change the water using both the Evening Aqutan that the freshwater aquarium Sera Nitrivec, Sera Aqutan and Sera Ammovec marine aquarium and Sera nitrivec Sera Koivit for the ornamental pond.
It is important to follow the instructions for use.
Instructions for use:
Shake well before using the reagents!
- Rinse the tube several times with water to be tested and then fill it up to the sign of 5 ml. Dried, then, the tube externally.
- Respectively, add 5 drops of reagent 1 and 2.
- Close the tube with its cap and shake it. Remove the cover.
- Compare the color after 3-5 minutes, putting the tube on the chromatic scale, looking down from the light of day but not in the presence of sunlight.
- Clean: before and after each test is necessary to clean the tube thoroughly with tap water.
The test reveals the following water quality:
- NO2-N: 5.0 mg / l and NO2: 16.5 mg / l = lethal immediately change a substantial amount of water, adding the products as described above.
- NO2-N: 1.0 mg / l and NO2: 3.3 mg / l = very dangerous; made a partial water change adding the products as described above.
- NO2-N: 0.5 mg / l and NO2: 1.6 mg / l = harmful; made a partial change of water adding the products as described above
- NO2-N: 0.3 mg / l and NO2: 0.9 mg / l = not bad, look for the causes of the malfunction of the filter.
- NO2-N: <0.1 mg / l and NO2: <0.3 mg / l = good quality, no worry.
- The reagent should be stored in cool, dark place.
- After use, it is important to reseal the vials carefully, taking care not to swap the caps.
- Store in a place inaccessible to children and pets!