Product: Sera Kupfer-test (Copper) - 40 measurements
Contents: 2 vials of 15 ml with dropper with reagents 1 and 2, graduated 20 ml tube, chromatic scale.
The test of copper must be made in case of unexplained deaths of fish and when you make a care products based on copper.
Values of copper above 0.3 mg / l are lethal to inverterbrati and snails; values above 1.0 mg / l for all living beings, both in fresh and sea.
The neutralization of copper ions can be performed with the Evening Aqutan.
The presence of copper in water is also due, in addition to the above treatments, a boiler for hot water pipes and water in copper.
Instructions for use:
Shake well before using the reagents!
- Rinse the tube several times with water to be tested and then fill it up to the mark of 10 ml. Dried, then, the tube externally.
- Respectively, add 7 drops of reagent 1 and 2.
- Close the tube with its cap and shake it. Remove the cover.
- Compare the colors immediately, putting the tube on the chromatic scale, looking down from the light of day but not in the presence of sunlight.
- Clean: before and after each test is necessary to clean the tube thoroughly with tap water.
Different contents of copper and judgments, effects, counter-measures:
- 0.0 mg / l = good for the life of invertebrates and snails.
- 0.3 mg / l = during treatment: it is the right concentration for the Evening Oodinopur A but is the maximum value for products containing copper as pe sera Teichclear. After the treatment: you have to neutralize the product with the Evening Aqutan and you can make a partial water change, since this concentration is lethal to invertebrates in the long and damaging to fish.
- 0.5 mg / l = be neutralized immediately with the Evening Aqutan otherwise it is deadly to invertebrates.
- 1.0 mg / l = be neutralized immediately with a double dose of Sera Aqutan otherwise can be lethal to fish.
- 2.5 mg / l and more = made a partial change of water with copper-free water and neutralized with the rest of the evening Aqutan. It 'very dangerous and lethal to fish and plants for all other guests in the aquarium.
- The reagent should be stored in a cool, dark place.
- After use, it is important to reseal the vials carefully, taking care not to swap the caps.
- Store in a place inaccessible to children and pets!