Sera KH-Test (carbonate hardness) Refill 3x15ml
Contents: 3x15 ml vial with dropper
The carbonate hardness (KH) is used to stabilize the pH value.
Avoid sudden changes in pH, caused for example by organic decomposition in the aquarium and ornamental pond or consumption of carbon dioxide by plants.
A carbonate hardness is too low because of sudden changes of pH value.
KH values between 5 ° and 10 ° create optimal conditions in the aquarium and stable communities and provide the foundation for a luxuriant growth of plants.
Cichlids of Lakes Malawi and Tanganyika require higher values.
Marine aquarium KH value must be over 12 ° DHK.
By Sera KH-plus (in the aquarium, marine and fresh) or the Sera KH pond (in the ornamental pond) you can adjust very precisely the carbonate hardness.
If you want to change the pH and / or want to lower a high value of carbon (eg 21 ° DHK aquarium community), you can use the overactive Sera Granulated peat (freshwater aquarium) and the Sera of Biogranulato peat (in the ornamental pond).
Instructions for use:
Shake well before using the reagent!
- Rinse the tube several times with water to be tested and then fill it up to the sign of 5 ml. Dried, then, the tube externally.
- The reagent is added in drops. After each drop must shake the tube continuing to add drops until the color of the test goes from blue to green and then yellow.
- The number of drops used is the carbonate hardness (° DHK), pe 5 drops = 5 ° DHK.
- Clean: before and after each test is necessary to clean the tube thoroughly with tap water.
- The reagent should be stored in cool, dark place.
- After use, it is important to recap the vial of reagent thoroughly.
- Store in a place inaccessible to children and pets!