Product: Salifert Profi Calcium Test - Enough for about 50/100 measurements
Calcium is the major constituent of calcareous algae, the skeleton of hard corals. Calcium also plays many important biological functions
Often too low calcium slows and inhibits the growth of corals and calcareous algae. Quite often a too low calcium concentration retards coral and calcareous algae growth. In nature, the sea water contains 400-450 mg/l of calcium and this is the value that we should aim is to get into our tanks. For a stable environment in the aquarium fluctuations in calcium content should not be more than 15 mg / l.
For it means that a test measuring the football should be able to measure these fluctuations. An aquarium healthy corals, calcareous algae and other beneficial organisms grow and multiply and this causes a depletion of calcium level. To prevent this you must act quickly so it is essential to have a reliable test.
Profi Calcium Test detects the calcium content at intervals of 10 mg / l. The color chart is very accurate and facilitates the detection of small, but extremely important, fluctuations in the concentration of this element. Salifert is the only test kit that provides the accuracy and precision necessary.
- With the aid of 2 ml syringe, place 2 ml. Of water in the test tube assay. (If you want to run more tests but with a lower accuracy using only 1 ml. Water)
- Add a teaspoon of Ca-1. (Lower precisione1 / 2 teaspoon)
- Add 8 drops of Ca-2 in the water of the tube and shake gently for 10 seconds (low precision use 4 drops instead of 8)
- Screwed tightly on the small cone cylindrical syringe 1 ml. Fill this syringe the Ca-3 (make sure that the tip of the cone is always immersed in Ca-3) until the lower end of the piston black is exactly 1.00ml. Air will be present above the piston but does not affect the test result.
- Place drop by drop, the Ca-3 in the water of the tube. Stir for a second or two. Continue long as the color of the water will go from a pink-red to a blue decided.
- Hold the syringe before you with the cone up and see what position is the tip top of prte black piston. The syringe is fitted with intervals of 0.01 ml. Read the value of football with the help of the table read or calculated as follows. Mg / l Ca = (1-reading stage F) * 500
If you chose the Precision Bass multiply the result by two. Seawater contains naturally 425/450 mg / l of calcium
- The Ca-2 reagent contains calcium hydroxide, very irritating to skin and eyes.
- After contact with skin, rinse thoroughly under water.
- In case of contact with eyes, rinse with plenty of water and seek medical advice.
- If swallowed, seek medical advice immediately.