Product: Newa Maxi Power Head MP600
Maxi Jet Power Head It is a submersible pump designed for indoor use. It is suitable for use in fresh or salt water aquarium and terrariums. The pump isn’t suitable and as a consequent not covered by the manufactures guarantee, for uses other than those specified.
Warning: to guard against injury, basic safety precautions should be observed, including the following.
Read and follow all safety instructions.
Danger: to avoid possible electric shock, special care should be taken since water is employed in the use of aquarium equipment. For each of the following situations, don’t attempt repairs by yourself; return the appliance to an authorized service facility for service or discard the appliance:
1. If the appliance shows any signs of abnormal water leakage, immediately unplug from the power source.
2. Carefully examine the appliance after installation. It should not be plugged in if there is water on parts not intended to be wet.
3. Don’t operate any appliance if it has a damaged cord or plug, or if it is malfunctioning or has been dropped or damaged in any manner.
4. To avoid the possibility of the appliance plug or receptacle getting wet, position aquarium stand and tank to one side of a wall mounted receptacle to prevent water from dripping onto receptacle or plug. A “drip loop”, should be arranged by the user for each cord connecting an aquarium appliance to a receptacle. The “drip loop” is that part of the cord below the level of the receptacle or the connector, if an extension cord is used , to prevent water traveling along the cord and coming in contact with the receptacle does get wet, DON’T unplug the cord. Disconnect the fuse of circuit breaker that supplies power to the appliance. Then, unplug and examine for presence of water in the receptacle.
5. Close supervision is necessary when any appliance is used by or near children.
6. To avoid injury, don’t contact moving parts or hot parts such as heaters, reflectors, lamp bulbs and the like.
7. Always unplug an appliance form an outlet when not in use, before putting on or taking off parts and before cleaning. Never yank cord to pull plug from outlet. Grasp the plug and pull to disconnect.
8. Don’t use an appliance for other than intended use. The use of attachments not recommended or sold by the appliance manufacturer may cause an unsafe condition.
9. Don’t install or store the appliance where it will be exposed to the weather or to temperatures below freezing.
10. Make sure an appliance mounted on a tank is securely installed before operating it.
11 Read and observe all the important notices on the appliance.
12. If an extension cord is necessary, a cord with a proper rating should be used. A cord rated for less amperes or watts than the appliance rating may overheat. Care should be taken to arrange the cord so that it will not be tripped over or pulled.
Important safety instructions:
The MAXI-GET PH is in conformity with official safety standards EN 60335-2-41.
1. Warning: turn off and disconnect all the electrical equipment in the aquarium before carrying out any maintenance tasks.
2. Always check the voltage of the pump label to make sure that it corresponds to the main power supply.
3. The power cord must not be repaired or replaced. If it is damaged, replace the entire pump unit. 4. The pump can be used in fresh or marine water with maximum fluid temperature of 35˚C.
5. The pump must not be left to run dry.
6. The pump can be immersed up a maximum depth of 1 meter
7. When the pump is plugged into the mains, make sure that the lowest part of the lead is lower than the socked. This is to prevent accidental spillage of water traveling along the lead and reaching the socked.
8. Warning: the symbol “home with internal arrow” indicates that the pump can only be used indoor.
9. We recommend that all electrical aquarium equipment can be connected to a grounded circuit breaker with a 30mA fuse.
10. The pump is not a toy.
11. It must not be used by children or disabled person without the supervision of an adult.
Use of aeration feature:
To improve aeration and gas exchange the ”venture” aeration feature may be utilized together with the airline tubing and air filter supplied with your MAXI-JET MP 400.Two small red air-tubing adapters are supplied for any size of other tubing. The air filter also function as a valve. In using the air-mixing feature, air volume can be adjusted by turning the top part of the filter. Note: aeration decreases if water volume is adjusted low, or if pump is positioned too far below surface of water. Water volume decreases when the venture feature is used.
For optimum performance it is best to periodically clean the internal moving parts with warm water. If the rotor becomes encrusted with lime-scale use vinegar or lemon juice to remove this. Do not use solvents.
Note: The motor of the MAXI-JET MP 400,MP 600 and MP 900(120v)is self-protected against uncharacteristic overheating caused by misuse, running-dry or jammed rotor. The MP900(230v) and MP 1200 is provided with a self-resetting thermal protector. if the pump stopped working, please investigate if the thermal cut-off has been activated by first disconnecting the appliance from the electrical supply for approximately 1 hour, then remedy the cause that made the appliance stop, and reconnect to the socket again.
MP600 Q. 680 l/h H. 0.80 meter
MP900 Q. 920 l/h H. 1.25 meter
MP1200 Q. 1100 l/h H. 1.48 meter