Product: MICROBE-LIFT - Carbon & Zeolite - 198 gr (7 Fl. OZ.)
MICROBE-LIFT - Carbon & Zeolite - 198 gr (7 Fl. OZ.)
Double Chemical Filtration
Pre-Colonized with Beneficial Bacteria
Zeolites are used in an aquarium to physically remove ammonia in freshwater systems. The zeolite stones have microporous structures that can also remove certain chemicals. The zeolite stones have surface area large enough for nitrifying bacteria to colonize.
It is not recommended to use zeolite in an uncycled (new) aquarium.
*Salt and zeolite- When salt is added to the aquarium it prevents the zeolite rocks from removing the ammonia from the aquarium's water.
The activated carbon in this container is pure and fast acting. The carbon will remove unwanted dissolved contaminants, odors, toxic gas as well as discolorations.
The activated carbon will also remove chemicals and medications after treatment.
Benefits of Activated Carbon
- Removes medication & organic pollutants
- Removes liquefied impurities
- Helps clear turbid water
Benefits of Zeolite
- Removes ammonia
- Improves water quality
- Reduces fish stress
- Removes odors & colors
Benefits of Bacterial Pre-Colonization
- Improves organic filtration efficiency
- Enhances nitrification
- Extends carbon life
Media Bag Enclosed
- Before use, rinse thoroughly!
- Average use is 2-3 oz. per 10 gal. (38 L.) of aquarium water.
- Usage is also determined by fish load and water quality.
- Always test your water for the ammonia content.
- Use MICROBE-LIFT/Ammonia Test Strips for an accurate reading.
- While zeolite (alone) can be recharged (cleaned of impurities) activated carbon cannot be recharged.
- Replace the activated carbon/zeolite mixture monthly.
- You may extend usage depending on fish load and the results of water testing.
Keep out of the reach of children
Avoid contact with eyes. If contact occurs, flush eyes thoroughly with cold water.