Product: De Jong Marinelife - Finest Salt 20 kg bucket
De Jong Marinelife has over 50 years of experience in keeping marine vertebrates and invertebrates in captivity. We have a deep knowledge of water management and animal husbandry wich ensures the best living environment to our marine organisms. To make it even better, we put everything together and developed our fine sea salt formula.
- Calcium(2+): 440 mg/L (ppm)
- Magnesium(2+): 1400 mg/L (ppm)
- Potassium(K+): 400 mg/L (ppm)
- dKH: 8.8-9.1
- pH: 8.2-8.1
- First prepare a clean container with fresh water, than slowly pour the salt in it.
- Dissolve 35g per liter (3.5 kg per 100 liters, or 35 kg/m3) at 25°C and then check the salinity. To obtain a salinity of S.G. 1.025 or 35 ppt, continue adding salt gram by gram, until the desired level has been reached.
- DO NOT EXCEED 40g oer liter
- Avoid mixing with tap water because that contains levels of Calcium
- Reverse osmosis or soft water is recommended to avoid exceeding Calcium levels above 440 mg/l.
- Mix welluntil all salt is dissolved
- Check to reinsure that the optimal salinity is reached.
- For better results allow 24 hours with aeration before use.