Product: Elos Expert Line AquaTest K Potassium
Potassium is a very important chemical in biochemistry and cell biology. It is a major element in natural seawater with a similar concentration to Calcium, (levels of around 380 - 410 mg/It). If in a standard aquarium, it rarely becomes a limiting element. In an aquarium where zeolite-based filtration (i.e. Filtra M) methods are used, its concentration often can become too low.
In order to properly dose this element it is necessary to first test your potassium levels. To test properly we suggest the use of the Elos Aqua Test Potassium.
Phase 1: Ppreparation of the sample
- Fill the test vial with 0.5 ml of aquarium water using the 1 ml syringe (small)
- Add 10 ml of demineralized water (Elos AquaTest) using the 5 ml syringe (large)
- Add 0.15 ml of reagent powder using the included measuring spoon
- Close the vial and mix thoroughly the obtained SAMPLE for at least 30 seconds
- Wait 3 minutes
Phase 2: Reading
- Place an empty vial on the supplied level chart under natural light and add drop by drop the SAMPLE obtained in phase 1, using the the 5 ml. syringe. Looking down through the vial continue to add the SAMPLE until the "black dot" is no longer visible.
- Targets the liquid obtained on the card.
- Now looking from the side of the vial read on the card the value corresponding to the height of the obtained SAMPLE in the vial. Reading will be in mg/It. of potassium.
Important: Remember to thoroughly rinse the tube and the syringes under running water so they will be ready for the next test.
Note: If the value of Potassium is too low, we suggest the use of Elos Expert Potassium+. Periodic monitoring of water quality can help in identifying the causes of these deviations and prevent damages.
Storage: reagents contained in Elos Aqua Test Potassium retain their properties for at least 12 months from first use when stored in a cool dry place, away from heat and direct light.
Package Contents: 2 vials -1 dropper bottle -1 vial with reactive powder -1 dosing syringe 5 ml 1 dosing syringe l ml -1 instruction manual -1 test chart
Risk and Safety Phrases:
- R22: Harmful If swallowed
- Store in a cool dark place.
- Avoid contact with eyes. do not drink.