Product:Elos Expert Line AquaTest PO4H - Phosfate Test range 0,008-0,14ppm
Phosphate build up in the tank appears to be a fairly common problem in marine aquariums. In Natural Seawater Phospate level is normally about 0,06 mg/I, and can reach 0.01 ppm in reef areas.
Elos AquaTest Posphate HR, is intended to be used in aquariums, and measure phosphate level in a range between 0.008 and 0.14 mg/ It. of P or PO43-.
- Shake the liquid reagent before use
- Rinse both the test tubes in tap water, then several times with the aquarium water. Fill each of them with 20 ml. of aquarium water
- Insert one of the two test tubes in the "comparator block" and place it on the color chart, under natural light. This tube must be placed above the colored circles.
- Add to the other test tube 10 drops of liquid reagent A, and 0.4 ml of Powder Reagent B using the included measuring spoon. Close the tube and shake it until the reagent is dissolved. Wait 3 minutes.
- Insert this test tube in the "comparator block", above the white circles.
- Slide the "comparator block" on the chromatic scale until the closest possible color match is achieved between the two open test tubes when viewed from above. Read off the result in mg/I. or, if necessary, estimate an intermediate value.
Notes: If the color measurement solution is equal to, or more intense, than the darkest color on the chromatic scale, we suggest to use Elos AquaTest PO4 STANDARD RESOLUTION.
Close the reagent bottles immediately after use. Thoroughly clean the tube and the syringe before storage. Periodic monitoring of water quality can help in identifying the causes of deviations and prevent damage.
Storage: Closed reagents retain their properties for at least 12 months from first use.
Package Contents: 1 comparator block 2 test tubes -1 Color Scale 1 bottle with reactive powder - 1 dosing syringe 5ml, 1 bottle with liquid reagent - 1 users manual
Risk and security phrases:
- Reagent A: corrosive
- R35: Causes severe burns
- S1/2: Keep locked up and out of the reach of children
- S24/25: Avoid any inhalation, contact with skin and eyes. Wear suitable protective clothing and gloves
- S28: After contact with skin, wash immediately with plenty of water.
- Store in a cool dark place.