Test for the measurement of 'ammonium / ammonia in freshwater and seawater
Kit consists of:
1 Tube graduated
1 bottle of 10 mL of reagent 1 NH3
1 bottle of 10 mL of reagent 2 NH3
1 bottle of reagent 10mL NH3 3
1 colorimetric scale and the leaflet
What is Ammonia
L 'Ammonia / Ammonium is produced by the metabolism of the fish and may also result from the decomposition of organic material.
In aquariums recently set up, when nitrifying bacterial flora have not yet sufficiently colonized the filter, the Ammonia / Ammonium tends to accumulate and must be constantly monitored until his death.
How do the test
1. Rinse the tube several times with the water to be tested.
2. Fill the tube with 10 mL of water to be analyzed.
3. Add 5 drops of reagent 1 NH3 and shake the tube.
4. Add 5 drops of reagent 2 and NH3 shake the tube.
5. Add 5 drops of reagent 3 NH3 and shake the tube again.
6. Wait approximately 15 minutes and then determine the value by comparing the color of the liquid contained in the test tube with that of the color scale provided.