Air inlet; 4a extension hose
Air outlet with foam filter inside
Artemia nauplii are efficiently and economically reared in a specially constructed funnel-shaped breeding container with vigorous aeration. The funnel shape of the breeding container ensures that no eggs can become trapped in inaccessible corners, ensuring optimum hatching results.
Contains all parts required to breed Artemia nauplii efficiently:
Modern funnel-shaped breeding container with domed lid and stand (can be wall-mounted).
Harvesting container and sieve to separate nauplii from salty breeding water: Reliable aerating pump and air hose ready for to use.
Easy to use
The design of the breeding container as a funnel with an outlet tap mounted on a specially constructed stand makes the removal of the hatched nauplii simple and convenient.
The funnel shape of the brood container combined with good aeration provides the best conditions for the maximum hatching rate of the nauplii. It therefore the most effective method of feeding young fish.
Can be extended as often as required by simply connecting further brood containers with stands (JBL Artemio 1). The lid of the container has been skilfully designed to allow the operation of as many extensions as required using only one air pump.
Live food "on tap"
By staggering the setting up times of several containers, a continual supply of live food can be produced to provide sensitive young fish with fresh live food daily "on tap".
Parts and description:
2. Brood container
3. Domed lid for brood container with O-ring
4. Air inlet; 4a extension hose
5. Air outlet with foam filter inside
7. Artemia sieve (also available separately as JBL Artemio 3)
8. Harvesting container (also available separately as JBL Artemio 2)
9. Air hose 4/6 mm
10. Aerator pump EcoAir 40
11. Non-return valve for air
12. Screws for wall mounting
Installation and operation of Artemio 1
If more Artemia nauplii are needed to feed a larger number of young fish, the JBL ArtemioSet can be éxpanded by adding the JBL Artemio 1 extension unit. By staggering the setting up times of several containers, a continual supply of live food can be produced as and when needed:
1. Connect the stand (1) of JBL Artemio 1 by simply hooking it on to the stand of the JBL ArtemioSet already in place. Alternatively, select a place where the equipment can be wall-mounted, fixing the stand (1) with the screws (12) supplied.
2. Fill the brood container (2) of the JBL Artemio 1 as described above in Points 2 and 3 of the installation instructions for the JBL Artemio Set.
3. Connect the air outlet (5) on the lid of the JBL Artemio Set with the air inlet (4) on the lid of the JBL Artemio 1 using a piece of air hose cut to fit. This makes economic use of the expelled air. In the same manner, up to 5 JBL Artemio I extensions can be added on to a JBL ArtemioSet without any need for an additional aerator pump.
4. Proceed as described above in Points 6 and 7 of the installation instructions for the JBL Artemio Set.
Changing the membrane on the aerator pump:
Always disconnect the appliance from the mains power supply before carrying. out any work on the air pump
Accessories (available from your specialist retailer)
JBL Artemio 2 Harvesting container for JBL Artemio
JBL Artemio 3 Artemia sieve for JBL Artemio ( 0.15 mm)
JBL Artemio 4 Sieve combination to sieve out Artemia and other live food. Each containing 1 sieve 0.15 mm; 0.30 mm; 0.60 mm; 1.00 mm
JBL ArtemioMix Mixture of Artemia eggs and special salt for immediate use in JBL Artemio Set
JBL ArtemioPur Artemia eggs with high hatching rate
JBL ArtemioSal Special salt for breeding Artemia eggs effectively. For optimum hatching rates
JBL ArtemioFluid Liquid food for rearing Artemia nauplii.
Warranty (Aerator pump)
A 2 year warranty is granted on this appliance from the date of purchase. The warranty covers defects in manufacture and materials. Damage caused by improper handling, water damage and dirt are exempt from the warranty. The membrane and parts subject to wear and tear as well as any consequential damage are exempt from the warranty. In the event of claims under the warranty, please contact your specialist retailer, presenting the purchase receipt.