Product: Aquarium Munster - aquavital nitrigon 2 - pharmaceutical product to ensure the function of a natural ecosystem
Contraindications and side effects: None known
Package sizes: 10 x 2 g =20 g for aquariums up to 1000 litres
To ensure that the fish and plants in an aquarium will thrive, the system must fulfil the functions of a natural ecosystem. Aquarium filter systems have long been in use to ensure crystal-clear water and break down excrement, dead plant detritus and fish food residues containing proteins.
These filters contain microorganisms that help with all this cleanup work. These organisms feed on mulm and fish excrements and also convert toxic metabolites such as urea, ammonium, ammonia and nitrite in nutrients the plants need for healthy growth.
Degradation of organic nitrogen compounds from excrements, dead plant and food detritus, etc. takes place in several stages:
- Ammonia and ammonium are produced in organic wastes. Ammonium is absorbed-by water plants as nitrogen fertilizer. Ammonia, on the other hand, is higly toxic. Conversion of ammonia or ammonium is pH-dependent: at low pH levels ammonium is produced, high pH levels result in ammonia.
- Ammonium and ammonia turn into nitrite, a fish toxin.
- Nitrite is transformed into nitrate. Nitrate is only toxic in very high concentrations and is absorbed by water plants as a nutrient.
- Each degradation stage is realized by bacteria living in the filter within a web of highly complex interactions with other tiny organisms, all of them decisive in maintaining good water quality and a stable biological balance. auavital nitrigon 2 ensures the establishment and maintenance of a viable filter bacteria suture in your aquarium. Nitrogen is reduced and the toxic metabolites ammonia and nitrite are degraded.
Areas of application:
Use aquavital nitrigon 1 to activate the bacteria culture in your filter.
Supports the biological startup in aquarium filters. Shortens waiting time until the first fish can be put into the aquarium
- For starting up a new aquarium
- After cleaning or replacing all or part of the filter material
- After the filter biology has been damaged by antibiotic treatment
- If nitrite is produced in the aquarium and to guard against increased amounts of nitrite the filter should first be activated with aquavital nitrigon 1.
Then use aquavital nitrigon 2 a regular intervals to maintain a healthy and effective bacteria culture.
Using aquavital nitrigon 2 lengthens the intervals between water changes for biofilter maintenance and long-term care, we recommend regular doses of aquavital nitrigon 2.
Application and dosage:
The contents of one packet of aquavital nitrigon 2 is sufficient for aquariums up to 100 litres.
Add the product directly to your aquarium. If the volume of your aquarium is not divisible by 100 litres, use the next highest dosage. (For example, 1 packet for 60 l of water or 2 packets for 150 I of water). Use aquavital nitrigon 2 regularly, once every 14 days. In case of acute nitrite levels, we recommend combination treatment with aquavital nitrigon 1 and aquavital nitrigon 2.
Contaminants can damage the bacteria culture. When you add freshwater or pharmaceuticals, we recommend using aquavital conditioner as well to bind chemical contaminants.
Store out of reach of children.