Product: JBL Aquabasis Plus – Long-term nutrient substrate mixture
JBL – Aquabasis plus, with 5 vital elements provides plant roots with the right basis:
- Selected natural peat create a slightly acidic environment, making nutrients readily available to the plants.
- Special clay granulate serves as a nutrient depot, releasing nutrients when there is a deficit and absorbing them when there is a surplus.
- Mineral carrier material ensures a reliable supply of trace elements.
- Nutrient iron in the form of granulate specially balanced for plants roots.
- Highly porous mineral granulate provides the best possible conditions for colonization with beneficial substrate bacteria.
Spread a 2-3 cm deep layer of JBL aquabasis plus as the bottom layer in the aquarium and cover with a layer (2-4 cm) of washed aquarium gravel, grain size 2-3 mm. Carefully fill the aquarium to about 70% full with water. The best way is to place a flat plate or similar on the floor of the aquarium and pour a gentle stream of the water onto it.
Then plant the aquarium and fill with the rest of the water. Install the filter and other equipment, then start up the equipment.